Saturday, December 6, 2008

So I am home from surgery. I actually came home wednesday night. Monday was the surgery. It was supposed to start at 9:15 am but didn't get started until after 12:30 sometime. I remember very little from being wheeled into the O.R. They put me out so fast. I usually will feel it hit and the be out shortly afterwards but this time...BAM...I'm gone. Everything went well. Once they removed the utuerus my bladder bounced right back where it should be so they did not have to perform that procedure. However they did find a hernia in another area (don't care to mention where...ahem) so that got fixed. I have a vague recollection of being in the recovery room. My regular room was not ready so I was in recovery for 4 hours. Hardly remember it. I do remember that they let Steve see me for a few minutes...but thats all I remember. Matt's girlfriend Jenifer came to the hospital and waited with Steve. I thought that was so sweet. She brought me flowers and a balloon. The first night was hard. I hurt and hardly slept. They had to keep me turning positions every 2 hours. The nurse that first night was so sweet. As for the others...they were nice but hardly saw them. Hospital food is awful...especially when they put you on a liquid diet. I HATE GREEN JELLO!!!!...nuf said...hehehehe.

I am home now and actually getting bored. Also frustrated. There are things I want to do but I can't because I can't lift anything over 10 pounds. I walk up and down the stairs for entertainment. Six weeks of this!!!...aaagggghhhh!

Fun times are coming though. Mom and Dad will be here on the 17th and will stay through the new year. And Matt comes home on the 20th!!! We will have lots of fun!

Gizmo.....gizmo is begging me to play with him....more later...

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm so glad your surgery went well!!! Hang in there...you'll be feeling soooo much better at about the 2 week point!

Aubrey Garff said...

I am so glad that all is well. I hate surgery. I had three last year alone. I'm like you, can't keep me down. Just try to take it easy.