Monday, December 15, 2008

Matt's Jump!

Ok, first let me start off by saying "Yes I'm a sponge". Now that that is out of the way Matt called and told me about his jump from an airplane today. He said that he really didn't jump as much as he got sucked out of the plane. So now he is free falling and his shoot is supposed to automatically open up...I said it did...right??? He's says, "Well mom, no it actually didn't". My stomach hits the floor Shock . So I said, "At least your backup did." He says. "Well actually it didn't". At this point I'm trying to process what he's telling me, after all I was actually talking to him so he had to have made it down safe...right? I asked him what he did. He said as he was free falling he thought for sure it was over...he was going to die. So he unbuckled his harness and landed on another soldiers open shoot. I'm thinking..well...wouldn't that collapse that soldiers shoot? I was trying to understand what he was saying. Well you guessed it...I was the butt of a joke. I'm not stupid...just gullable! He actually did just fine and jumped twice. He jumps two more times tomorrow and is looking forward to it. I'm just breathing a sigh of relief. Whew

2 comments:

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

Well I'm really glad he is having "fun". But after that little bit of fun he had .... I'd be kicking his butt when he came home for Christmas - just cause I could. Then he won't forget ya just don't mess with momma!

Amarie said...

What a relief! :-D