Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

Today I had my pre-op appointment and final doctor consultation. My surgery is at Harris Downtown Fort Worth. That Hospital is huge. Thank heavens there was a worker in the garage becuase I didn't have a clue where to go. She took me right to where I needed to be. Of course they drew blood and did an EKG. Then it was off to see the surgeon. I feel confident in him. Dumb comment...I'd have to feel confident or he wouldn't be doing my surgery. Anywho...Monday is the big day. I have to be there at 7:15 and the surgery is scheduled for 9:15. The doc said it would take about 3 1/2 hours to complete. I know I will be staying overnight. The nurse had to fight my insurance company for that. They wanted to send me home afterwards. How stupid is that!! An organ is being removed and some others repairs being made. I hate that 'Get-em-in...get-em-out' mentality. Let's make sure the patient is okay first...sheesh!!!

I'm making the full blown Thankgiving dinner for tomorrow. It's only the Three of us but they like it. So tonight I will be making the pies and doing all the prep work for tomorrow. The only thing different this year is that I bought a small turkey verses the humongous bird.

I'm going to see 'Twilight' on friday...by myself. Can't get Alex to go. I've heard both good and bad. But the good has outweighed the bad. So I will make my own decision!

Well...I'm going to start my cooking marathon....chat at ya later!

1 comment:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lynnette!!! I hope you enjoy your meal with all the fixin's!!!

I'm taking a break from the board. I got an unpleasant email and I'm trying to figure out how I feel about it, and what I'm going to do. There is some fishy stuff going on...

Doesn't matter though, I'm enjoying my family, eating, and playing Guitar Hero! Dieting will always be there waiting for me.

Best wishes and tons of prayers on your upcoming surgery!