Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Miraculous Change - Part 3

It finally arrived! The check I have been waiting for....for nine months. My portion of the military retirement. I had to fight hard to get it going. Having a real lousy lawyer, who practically did nothing, cost me months of pay. That being said.....the Ex did sent me some of it throughout these months. But he still owes me. We had discussed that once we knew the amount he would send the rest. Hmmmm......seems he wants to change his mind. He says he knows he owes me but he seems to think that this is in addition to the income that I was supposed to be getting. He thinks that the child support should be raised. I reminded him that the support was figured out by the courts based on what I made. So now he wants to fight. I hung up from that phone call a mess. I hadnt cried that hard in a very long time. Later I talked to a good friend who said to let it go. I had a job, the retirement was coming in now....it wasnt worth it. I thought about that a lot the next day. I also had posted a comment on facebook saying..."the question is....do I continue to fight or let go??" Another friend of mine, who knows nothing of the situation, posted this reply..."depends on what you are fighting for. If it's a rightous desire, hang in there. If not, let go. Continue to pray for assistance." Well, it hit me....that's twice I've been told to let it go. So I continued to push it around in my head. This is what I'm going to do.....LET IT GO. I have worked so hard to get to where I am today. I'm happy. I dont cry at night anymore. I like who I am becoming. And things are falling into place. Yes I know there are still obstacles to get over (such as getting my name off the house) but Im happy. When the Ex and I talked, it brought all those horrible feelings back up...I hadnt felt like that it several months. Im not going back there...to painful and so not worth it! Im not starting all over with another lawyer.....its not worth it! I'm letting go. If he choses to pay me what he owes me, that's great. If he doesn't, it's on his conscience. The money isn't worth taking any steps backward!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Congratulations on your decision. I think you made the right one.