Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Miraculous Change - Part 2

So much has happened in the work area. I no longer get work or a pay check from the company down in Texas. To be honest...Im getting screwed on the whole thing, considering Im the majority share holder. Trying to sell my shares and get out of it. If that doesnt happen...the company will have to fold. That being said.....I'M HAPPY. One of the best things that could ever happen to me. I needed to cut ties from that place and work where I felt appreciated. And also work in the State that I live in. I immediately put my resume out there and also had various temps agencies looking for me. It sucks out there. So many people out of jobs. I interviewed at an Eye clinic....seemed ok, but was glad they chose someone else....wasnt quite what I was looking for. I then interviewed at an orthopedic facility to work in the office....I loved it. I so wanted the job. I felt it was made for me. I prayed and prayed real hard that it would come through for me. But I also prayed that I would find the 'RIGHT' job. One that would make me happy. One where I felt a sense of accomplishment. One that the Lord knew was best for me and my situation. I got a call from a temp agency based in Kansas. They were hiring for the VA in Minneapolis. What were the chances that I would get on there...LOL. I applied and did the background check. I wasnt really into getting this job. I wanted the orthopedic job, but they hadnt made a decision yet. Time was running out, so I took the VA job. The Lord knew what he was doing. I love the job. Im working in the accounting/billing department. Its a long term temp job.....2 years. This gives me plenty of time to maybe find a permanent position at the VA. The dept Im working in is relocating to Ft. Leavenworth. But there's always the HR dept. The people are real nice. I feel very comfortable there. Ohhhh....and one of the best things......I get free medical, dental, and vision!!!!! No more worries of being uninsured. ANd I love my hours. Here is one the the best benefits.....talking to the veterans on my breaks. I realize I need their smile as much as they need mine. Can you tell Im happy!

2 comments:

Aubrey Garff said...

That is perfect! I am so happy for you. I love these posts, they have reminded me how much I need to work on my personal prayer. It is easy to get caught up in life and forget to get on your knees!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm so happy for you Lynnette!! I hadn't heard from you in quite a while and didn't know what your situation was. Big hugs!