Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday July 13, 2008

Well, this past week has been interesting. First of all, Matt went to MEPS in Dallas Tuesday night. The Army put him up in a hotel because they had to be in the lobby at 4:20 am. Much easier that way since We're 45 min SW of Dallas. He went through all the exams, etc. When he told me about it it reminded me of the movie Pearl Harbor, the scene when they were at MEPS. Anyway, then when that was all finished...he swore in. My baby is now an Army Soldier. He hopes to be an Army Ranger. He leaves for Fort Benning on July 30th. That doesn't give me much time to be with him. After he's gone, I won't see him again until the middle of November. What's a mother to do No .

I am proud of him. He's grown into a fine young man. He will do wonders with his life.

I have a lot more to say, but, I need to get ready for church. Will be back later.....

No comments: