Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday July 4, 2008

I got the neatest compliment yesterday from my neighbor across the street. I hadn't talked with her in a long while. She was out in her yard when I got home from the store. She said I was looking great. Thanks to 42 lbs gone! And she said that I looked so much happier...had a sparkle in my eyes. Why it meant so much to me is because she is one of those people who watch everything out the window. So even though I haven't spoken to her in a while, she has been watching my transformation. I didn't know that my unhappiness showed that much. Ahhh, the things you learn. Anyway, it felt good to hear that. I do feel better! I still have a long way to go with my weight...but I'm almost half way to my goal! And I love my job, it's rewarding!

Matt goes to Dallas on Tuesday to take his physical assesment test, etc. He ships out on 7/30/08 to Ft. Benning in Georgia. He'll be there for a while. Gosh I miss him already. I can't believe I have a child leaving the nest. When did he grow up? I swear I just gave birth to him yesterday!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I see that sparkle in your eye in the pic with your hubby at his retirement. You look beautiful!